Encourage each family member to thank God for something; be ready with suggestions or even have pictures of things to be thankful for. Here are some questions taken from Dee Brestin Ministries to ask around your Thanksgiving table to help promote thankfulness:
- What can you be thankful for this year that you couldn’t have been last year?
- Lift up the name of each person and have two to four people share one reason they are thankful for that person.
- Is there a way that God met you in a challenging time this year? If so, how?
- Did you receive an unexpected kindness this year?
- Is there a Scripture passage that became more meaningful to you this year – if so, what is it, and how did it help you?
- Is there something a little child said that delighted you?
- Was there wisdom received from a book, a mentor, or a sermon?
- Was there a time when circumstances lined up so you knew God was behind it?
- God said He would shake our world so that what was unshakeable would remain – give thanks for one of those unshakeable realities.
Have a Happy Family Thanksgiving as you give thanks to the Giver of all things!!!