Truly there is no greater privilege and joy than being a mom, but with this comes no greater responsibility!
Motherhood is the hardest, most demanding job in the world! Genesis 3:16 tells us this is one of the consequences of the original sin – women will have much pain in having children – I don’t think it means just in child birth – it is a never ending life of pain in one way or another – sometimes physically and sometimes emotionally.
To the woman He said: “I will greatly multiply your sorrow and your conception; In pain you shall bring forth children;”
Ok, so we have established motherhood is hard. But what do you do? Once you have taken the position, it is not a job you can quit – no, but –
- You can quit saying it is hard
- You can quit complaining
- You can quit having a sour disposition
- You can quit being negative
- You can quit losing your patience
- You can quit doing it alone
But how do we accept the most demanding job in the world without complaining? The answer – we don’t have to do it – God promises to do it through you!! He has not left you alone to accomplish this sometimes seemingly impossible task.
1 Thes. 5:24 He who calls you is faithful, who also will do it.
That’s right!! – God has promised to mother through you. Realize that the One who gave you the job is faithful and will do it. Wow – Does any other boss offer you a deal like that?! 🙂
It would be helpful to memorize that scripture and claim it often – that’s what has gotten me through 37 years so far of motherhood!!
Here are other scriptures to memorize and think on when you are feeling overwhelmed with your motherly tasks:
- Exodus 33:14 And He said, “My Presence will go with you, and I will give you rest.”
- Psalm 94:13 That You may give him rest from the days of adversity, Until the pit is dug for the wicked. (rest means power to calm myself)
- Psalm 94:19 In the multitude of my anxieties within me, Your comforts delight my soul.
- Psalm 131:2 Surely I have calmed and quieted my soul, Like a weaned child with his mother; Like a weaned child is my soul within me.
- Isaiah 26:3 You will keep him in perfect peace, Whose mind is stayed on You, Because he trusts in You.
- Matthew 11:28-30 Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.”
- Col. 3:15 And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to which also you were called in one body; and be thankful.
- 2 Tim. 1:7 For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.
- Philip. 2:17 Yes, and if I am being poured out as a drink offering on the sacrifice and service of your faith, I am glad and rejoice with you all.
- Psalm 34:5 Those who look to him for help will be radiant with joy; no shadow of shame will darken their faces.
So Moms – doers of the hardest job in the world – look to God and radiate with joy – be glad and rejoice – because God has trusted you with the greatest privilege in the world – you get to mold, love, and be loved by His little children – don’t miss a moment of it!!!!
Matthew 19:14 But Jesus intervened: “Let the children alone, don’t prevent them from coming to me. God’s kingdom is made up of people like these.”
This post was inspired by the following two posts.. Please read them: